Monday, February 8, 2016

An Adventure into the Past, A Journey to the Present


 

 The last few days have taken me on a trip back in time.  So much so that at one point  I felt trapped between times.  Stuck in some sort of space/time continuum.  It was down right odd.  When opportunities like this present themselves it can be very rewarding to see how we grew up.

As I've looked back I've found things that are very consistent.  If I were to do write a resume based on my life I would be an outdoorsman. :-)


Way back in 1976 I was skipping stones in the park and bothering the animals.  I was two!  In fairness to the swan or whatever that is I think it was a staring contest.  Ironically, I had a similar encounter with a bear a many years later.  Thankfully we weren't this close and it wasn't a staring contest!  But that is another story for another time.    
Over our lives we tend to do certain things.  I have a tendency to climb things.  
I started early and it hasn't stopped.  From skipping stones, encounters with wildlife, and climbing trees I'm guessing my childhood wasn't much different then any other boy's.  Granted, there were five other kids that came after me and thousands of hours or adventures, stories, bumps bruises, and the like but we all have our beginnings somewhere.  For me, it was these two people.  That house in the first picture is the house they brought me home to.  Dad told me once that without me they wouldn't be a family.  He's right.  Without them we wouldn't be a family.  In looking back I've seen how important family is.  I've seen pictures of people I never knew, hardly knew, and know very well.  t's been really good.  I'm looking forward to sharing more as I sort through all these pictures I have.  This is just the tip of the iceberg!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is great.....thanks, Northwoods Nomad!