Monday, August 15, 2011

A Crazy Awesome Development

The story of my move to OH continues...


In April 2011 I was getting to the point in my partial refill where I needed to get the rest of it. So I called to get it refilled and found out that the prescription was wrong which meant I ran out too soon and insurance would not cover it until the 11th. Plus the price was no longer $394. It was $700. Not good. So I called Medco and told them that I had received a letter from them stating that my copay had been lowered and yet I was being asked to pay $700. So the lady went into my case file and noticed that there was a discrepancy. If I understood her correctly when the Lamictal was entered in the system they didn't know the strength or it was for the wrong strength. Whatever the case, because it wasn't the correct strength I was getting charged for the wrong strength. It's really hard to explain. The point is I was paying too much because of a mistake. Okay. SO she went in and made the necessary adjustments and told me to call the pharmacist and have him run it again and the copay should come up correctly. Now as I may have stated in my previous post the price after the appeal was $394. Unreasonable but manageable. On April 7 I called the pharmacy and had them run the script. Total price: $157.00!!!! So now, because I'm on the generic Keppra and am being slowly taken off the Dilantin my TOTAL cost for drugs will be $161.00 a month! That's a far cry from the $400 plus I would've been paying and is actually the price quoted to me before I even left Colorado! We have an amazing God and he is still working! Gotta love it!

No comments: