Monday, June 18, 2012

Being an Uncle

While being an uncle certainly isn't new to me being an uncle to twins is. I suppose it's really no different then being an uncle to just a single niece or nephew.  But having just become an uncle for the seventh time in ten years I'm taking a moment to pause and contemplate it. 

One of the reasons I moved back to the Midwest was to be closer to family. I remember being at my brother Matthew's wedding reception and watching my nieces.  I realized then that I had an opportunity to be a part of their lives. Unfortunately, I can't be a part of all my nieces' lives as two live in North Carolina but I'm still closer then I was when I was in Colorado.

When I saw that Abby and Emmy had been born I'd be lying if I said tears didn't come to my eyes. To see in front of me two answers to so many prayers brings tears to my eyes even now.

No comments: